Thursday, January 21, 2016

[Review] Demon Princess

Demon Princess

(Demon Kingdom Fairy Tales #1)

by Kassandra Lynn


Publish date: December 21, 2015
Genre: YA, Fantasy
Rating: 4/5

Goodreads summary


With her father gone and her brother missing, Demon Princess Adriana has to assume the throne, temporarily becoming the Demon King. The procession is underway, and the princess is nervous yet determined … until the unthinkable happens and she is summoned! Somehow, Aldric, a mage-in-training has summoned the princess into the human kingdom. Now trapped, Adriana must hide her identity and escape before she loses her life in the hands of her mortal enemies.



My thoughts


I'm not going to lie. My first impression of this book was based on my insta-love with that cover. Then, I read the synopsis and it reminded me a lot of a book I read a long time ago, I don't even remember the title but it stuck with me all this time, so I figured I may as well give Demon Princess a try. I mean, what's not to love, there's demons, magic, danger and maybe a little romance. 

Demon princess Adriana finds herself in a bit of a pickle when she is summoned by a mage-in-training to be his summon beast. While she stuck in the human kingdom, the demon kingdom is left without a leader since both her father and brother have gone missing. 

I really liked Adriana mainly because she started out as a weeping, spoiled girl and transforms to a determined bad ass. After she has a bit of a pity party, she pulls herself together and keeps trying to get herself out of her predicament. She's a powerful demon on a leash. She's going to shows the mages that it's always a bad idea to try to cage a lion. 

The story line is very interesting and I can sense that this first book is only the beginning. Adriana is set to be the Demon King once she frees herself, and if he father and brother never come back. In history, the Demon King is always defeated by a trio of a warrior, a wiseman and a Savior blood, who she just so happens to team up with while she tries to escape. The whole time she's constantly trying to keep her identity a mystery. 

Keldrin is a sweetheart and he sees Adriana as his damsel in distress. He's constantly trying to protect her and get the rest of the mage community to see her as a person and not a beast. 
With a great plot line and likable characters, I'll definitely be looking for the next book.

** I was provided a copy of this book through NetGalley in return for an honest review

Get it here
Amazon | Smashwords | Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment